If you’re part of the Android community…there’s good news!
The new version of Qobuz for Android is now available for download from the Google Play Store.
As this new app launches, we’d just like to remind you that Qobuz’s Android-based services are not just for smartphones. Qobuz’s Android offering is far more extensive than you might think. Qobuz for Android is compatible with:
- The digital music players produced by Sony, iBasso, Pioneer, Onkyo and Fiio;
- The Chromecast HD streaming device and all Google Cast speakers (LG, JBL, B&O, Naim and Raumfeld);
- BubbleUpNp, which lets users stream audio to any products not yet equipped with the service (such as Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Cambridge and Kef);
- The USB Audio Player PRO app, which handles all of the DACs on the market;
- The RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) systems in all Porsche vehicles.
This new version brings you much more than an update. It is a complete overhaul of the features and design, packed with our latest service upgrades.
Here are the main new features and functions included in the v.4 of Qobuz for Android:
- Redesigned graphics and optimised interface
- Hi-Res streaming included in the 24-bit Sublime+ subscription
- Import music for off-line listening
- Non-subscribers can download purchases and use the app to synchronise and listen to their purchases directly through the app
- A “Discover” menu brings up suggested albums with accompanying commentaries
- Access to hundreds of thousands of digital liner notes (exclusive to Qobuz)
- Access to exclusive editorial content
- A new “Qobuz & You” section with user guides and equipment tests
- Choice of audio quality (320 kbps MP3 / 16-bit 44.1 kHz FLAC / 24-bit Hi-Res up to 192 kHz), depending on your subscription
As v.4 launches, we’d also like to say a big thank you to all of our beta testers for their invaluable feedback, which helped us enhance and optimise this new application. Admittedly, not all of their suggestions have been incorporated into this first release, but they will feed into ongoing improvements over the coming weeks and months.
Thank you all for your continued support for Qobuz!
We’d love to hear your opinions and comments. Write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org